Seismic ESS Mini Accelerated Weight Drop Seismic Source
- The ESS-MINI is an electrically operated portable seismic energy source
- It is supplied with a fully integrated control and triggering system
- Operation requires only a 12-volt battery and a trigger cable or radio trigger link to the recording seismograph
- In normal operation the MINI is mounted on the 2-inch class 3 trailer hitch of a vehicle or ATV
- As supplied, the standard ESS-MINI system includes the source itself, a hammer coupling plate, an “L” bracket for trailer hitch mounting, a hand controller, and (2) elastomer bands. An electronic control box with attached battery cable and trigger sensor are supplied already mounted on the source.
- The ESS-MINI seismic source is a new light weight and compact design. Except for the steel hammer, the MINI is made entirely out of aluminum for strength and light weight. A new compact gear motor drive also saves weight. The MINI has fully automatic cycling with integrated triggering system. Once the “FIRE” button is pushed a complete cycle occurs automatically.
For those projects where vehicle access is limited, a customized dolly is available to mount the ESS Mini.
- Here are the Four Important Numbers you will want to know:
- Nominal Depth of Exploration - 120 to 210 feet
- Hammer Weight - 52 lbs
- Energy (Joules) - 208
- Impact Velocity (Meters/Sec) - 4.25
- The ESS Mini ships in (3) Pelican cases!
*(Does not include shipping or insurance)