New Customer Info

New customers want to know: "How do I set up an account?" and we are happy to help you accomplish that. We are often going to send instruments to you which have values in the tens of thousands of dollars so we want to know something about you as a customer. On this page, you will find:

Rental Agreement

Customer Information Sheet

Please complete these and email them back to us. We will then work to set up an account for your company. Note that all rentals are subject to EXI's Terms and Conditions unless otherwise agreed-to in writing.

In some cases, you may want to provide us with a credit card for billing purposes. Or, we may require a personal guarantee to secure credit terms. In either case, these things can be handled through the use of a Personal Guarantee form which is available in .pdf form from this link.

Some Frequently Asked Questions:

1. "When does the rental begin and end?"
The rental begins on the day that we ship the instrument and ends on the day it is received in good condition back in our facility.

2. "Do you charge for weekends?"
Yes. Many of our clients work during the weekends in order to gain access to property. We could eliminate the charge for weekends, but our daily rates would go up to compensate.

3. "Who pays for freight?"
We can ship by most any method and we prefer to ship the instrument using your freight account number. By having that bill sent to you directly, we can keep our overhead as low as possible. In addition, your company may have negotiated significant discounts with the freight carrier.

4. "Who do I call for help?"
You should always call us first. Even though we support over 100 different systems, we can usually help you through most problems you encounter. If you are seeing something we can't solve, then we'll get the manufacturer involved in a solution as quickly as possible.

5. "What kind of insurance do I need to provide?"

Your company is responsible for the equipment from the time it leaves our door so, for your protection, it should be insured for the time it is in transit to and from your project location and while it is in your possession. This is often covered by your commercial insurance in the form of an Inland Marine Policy (which may only cover transit or both transit and possession) and/or an Equipment Floater.

If you don't have Inland Marine, you can declare the value of the shipment with the carrier (ie; Fedex, UPS, etc.) and that will protect you from loss caused by them.

An Equipment Floater is a form of policy that covers equipment either by bulk value or by stipulated item that is not owned by you but may be rented or otherwise in your possession. Exploration Instruments should be named as Loss Payee and aAdditional Insured. This protects us in the event the equipment is catastrophically damaged or stolen and needs to be replaced immediately.