Seismic SoilSpy 12 Digital Seismic System
SOILSPY is MoHo’s multichannel digital system for active and passive seismic surveys. A number of unique features make it a very special seismograph. The signal is amplified and digitized where it is produced and not at the end of long cables: this ensures better recording quality and, allied to a lightweight system, forms a novel approach appreciated by geophysicists. SOILSPY does not require external batteries and can record the signals with no time limits.
WHAT MAKES SoilSpy Rosina UNIQUE?
- BETTER RECORDING QUALITY. The signal is amplified and digitized at the geophone. The signal-to-noise ratio is higher than any corresponding analog system because it doesn't degrade along the cable; there's no cross-talk along the cable and precise synchronization of the channels.
- It's LIGHT! At less than 0.5 lb per module + 5 m cable, a 16 channel system weighs only 18 lbs!
- UNLIMITED RECORDING DURATION. No compromise among sampling rate, number of active channels and recording length. Record length is limited by the PC storage capacity only
- RADIO TRIGGER. No need for a separate trigger cable to perform seismic refraction/reflection surveys
- STACKING / PHASE INVERSION / AVERAGING unique routine for the revision of stacks and operations on them
- INTEGRATED INTERNAL TEST to verify the functionality of each channel
- MODULARITY. Several SoilSpy Rosina systems can be linked to form a unique deployment
This 12 Channel system is perfect for those small, shallow rippability surveys. It ships with a cable reel with digital take-outs at 10' intervals, 12 vertical 4.5hz Oyo Geospace geophones and a wireless radio trigger - all you need for MASW engineering work or shallow refraction. Also available with 10 hz vertical geophones upon request. You supply the laptop to act as controller or ask us to include it for a nominal additional charge.
*(Does not include shipping or insurance)