The CMD Mini Explorer 6L is a welcome addition to our rental inventory. The 6L provides (6) simultaneous measurements of conductivity and in-phase data - all within 6 feet of the surface. This instrument is a must for those mapping shallow spills, agricultural investigations of soil salinity and archaeological work.
Measured quantities and ranges:
- Apparent conductivity: 1000 mS/m, resolution 0.1 mS/m.
- Inphase ratio: ± 80 ppt, resolution 10 ppm
- Measurement accuracy: ± 4% at 50 mS/m.
- Temperature stability: better than 0.1 mS/m /°C at slow temp. changes.
- Maximum sampling rate: 10 Hz.
- Full and half depth range (vertical and horizontal orientation of dipoles).
- Power supply: rechargeable Li-Ion battery lasts 2-3 working days (except. CMD-DUO transmitter).
- Operating temperature: -10°C to +50°C.
- Connection with probe is provided by cable or Bluetooth unit.
- Five modes of measurements:
- Manual measurement – the user starts measurement at each point by pressing the key or by probe button. The point position is updated automatically in the preset grid or can be entered directly. Each point can be re-measured or skipped and completed with a comment.
- Continuous measurement – data are measured and saved continuously in chosen measuring period. The positions on the profile are determined by length marks with consequent recalculation of positions of individual readings.
- GPS Manual measurement – the user starts measurement at each point by pressing the key or by probe button. The position is determined by GPS receiver.
- GPS Continuous measurement – data are measured and saved continuously in chosen measuring period. The position is determined by GPS receiver.
- Search mode – data are measured continuously but are not saved.
- Map preview of measured area (up to 15000 positions).
- In-situ 1D inversion (two-layered model).
- Two integrated Bluetooth channels.
- Detachable GPS receiver (UTM/UPS recalculation possible).
- USB data transfer or direct saving on USB flash disk.
- Factory and user calibrations (stored in the probe).
- Measurement time: 0.1 – 20 s.
- 128 MB data flash memory:
- max. 64 files.
- max. 4.8 millions measured points.
- Graphical B/W or colour display with backlight.
- Real-time clock.
- Power supply:
- Rechargeable Li-Ion battery.
- Supplementary 6 AA batteries (single-use or rechargeable NiCd or NiMh).
- 12 V car socket.
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to +50 °C.
- Dimensions: 200 x 50 x 110 mm.
- Weight: 0.65 kg (with Li-Ion battery).
Standard Control Unit Accessories:
- AC-adapter 100-240 V AC (50-60 Hz)
- Cable for 12 V car socket supply
- Supplementary 6 AA battery holder
- Carrying belt
(CMD-MiniExplorer, CMD-MiniExplorer 6L, CMD-DUO, CMD-1, CMD-Tiny)
- Cable for data download to PC and flash disk
- CD with software
- Operation manual
Standard Probe Accessories:
||172 x 14 x 37 cm
- Holder for control unit, carrying belt and harness
(CMD-Explorer, CMD-Explorer 6L, CMD-4/6, CMD-4, CMD-2)
- Probe holder with Bluetooth unit, AC adapter 100-240 V (50-60 Hz) and supplementary 6 AA battery holder
(CMD-MiniExplorer, CMD-MiniExplorer 6L, CMD-1, CMD-Tiny)
- Probe connection cable
|Effective High/Low Depth Range
||Dipole Center Distance
|0.98 / 0.49 ft
1.6 / 0.82 ft
2.6 / 1.31 ft
3.6 / 1.64 ft
5.24 / 2.62 ft
7.54 / 3.60 ft
68 x 6 x 15 inches inches
Ask a question about this item
*(Does not include shipping or insurance)