Seismic Geometrics 24 channel Geode Seismograph
The new Geode seismic recorder is the next generation of seismic recording system, combining the best of Geometrics' traditional seismic recorders with the flexibility and convenience of a distributed system. It's ideal for refraction or reflection, downhole or VSP - even tomography surveys.
Place a Geode module out on the line close to the geophones or well head and eliminate long, expensive analog cables. Never hassle with poor connections and bad roll box contacts when doing a reflection survey. And when you are not using the Geode for exploring, use it for monitoring earthquakes, quarry blasts or vibration from heavy equipment.
Geode architecture and Geometrics software lets you build seismic recording systems from 3 to 1000 channels with multiple lines and built-in roll capability. The low power Geodes even have an on-board hardware correlator that can be used for swept sources and MiniSosie (psuedo-random) surveys and compress data before transmission.
The Geode seismic modules house from 3 to 24 channels each, weigh only 8 lbs.(3.6 kg) and interconnect using inexpensive digital network cable. The Geode will run all day on a small 12v battery and sleeps when not in use.
For light-duty applications, you can run the Geode from your laptop to view, record, and process your data. The software interfaces to the Geode as a simple high-speed network device, eliminating the need for special drivers and cards.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Ultra Light-weight: 8 lb., 3.6 kg, modules are easy to carry and deploy.
- 3 Year Warranty: Supported by full time customer service staff with 4 technicians, 4 geophysicists, real-time on-line support available.
- Expandable: Available with 3 to 24 channels per module; connect more modules to build low cost distributed systems up to 1000 channels.
- Unmatched Specifications: 24 bit, ultra-high resolution 20 kHz bandwidth (8 to 0.02 ms sampling), low distortion (0.0005%), low noise (0.2uV), stacking accuracy (1/32 of sample interval).
- GPS Synchronization: Sub-sample timing accuracy so you know exactly when an event occurs.
- Built Rugged: Passes MIL810E vibration test, survives 1.5m drop onto concrete in 14 orientations, submersible.
- Easy Interface: Connects to any laptop or PC via standard network port. Plug the Geode into your building network and operate it remotely.
- Noiseless Digital Transmission: Data transmitted from Geodes digitally on light, inexpensive cables.
- Complete Performance and Line Testing: Built-in test finds bad geophones, cables. Interfaces with Geometrics field portable test oscillator when specifications verification is required.
- Versatile Seismic Recorder: Petroleum exploration and monitoring, engineering studies, depth to bedrock, fault and fracture location, hydrologic investigations, research and teaching.
- Reflection: Suitable for shallow reflection, deep reflection, 2-D and 3-D surveys
- Refraction: Comes with built-in first break picking and analysis
- Marine Surveys: Very fast time between shots, real-time single-trace gathers, gun monitoring, noise snapshots, tape swapping for 24/7 operation.
- Sub-bottom Profiling: Works with boomers, sparkers, bubble-pulse sources or air guns
- 4-D Time Lapse Surveys: Weather-proof Geodes can be left in place or redeployed easily for accurate repeat surveys
- Earthquake Monitoring: Uses STA/LTA type algorithm to trigger on incoming data stream, synchronizes with GPS clock
- Continuous Recording: Continuous mode plus GPS synchronization for blast and vibration monitoring, general industrial applications.
- MASW: UBC Vs30/ IBC Vs100 Site Classification, microzonation studies (H/V method), foundational engineering
24 x 19 x 14 inches
Ask a question about this item
*(Does not include shipping or insurance)