Magnetometers Foerster Ferex Fluxgate Magnetometer MultiSensor Array
Exploration Instruments (EXI) has added the newest version of the Foerster Instruments (Foerster) Ferex 4 magnetometer sensor array to the rental pool. The Foersters’ Ferex is a vertical gradient fluxgate magnetometer used for a variety applications such as archeology, environmental, utility mapping, and UXO detection. One of its greatest advantages is the ability to drive up to 4 sensors from a single console. The latest version FEREX 4.034 can be used as a single sensor system, a multi-sensor (up to 4 sensors) array, or as a down hole magnetometer.
The new FEREX 4.034 adds some key improvements to the current 4.032. such as:
- 5” Color LCD Display, sunlight readable
- 32GB SD Card
- Serial Interface
- New Fluxgate vertical gradient probe with improved signal to noise ratio
- Improved mode for filtering small, large objects and influence from power lines
- Data logging of up to 4 FOERSTER Fluxgate sensor channels
- Option to link other sensors, for example: Geometrics 824A CV probe
- Integrated GPS drivers including tool to create customized GPS drivers
- Mapping ability to manage large survey areas
- Capability to define polygonal survey grids
- GPS assisted navigation
- Color magnetic anomaly map for a first data evaluation already during the survey
- Data2Line Software, GIS for post survey processing and data analysis+
- This system ships from our Harrisburg, PA office.
- Dr. Bill Doll conducts an archaeological magnetometer survey at the Hermitage site in Nashville, TN.
*(Does not include shipping or insurance)